RE: FSCK?

Well, it took me about 2 weeks to find a kernel version stable enough to
run LVM/EXT3/Promise FastTrack100.  That was 2.4.10-ac11.  The last
thing I want to do is start to try new kernels and such.  I had such
problems previously.

Anyway, to hell with it.  The data is lost and there isn't anything I
can do about it.

3 questions:

1) Why did a forced fsck come up so errornous when a normal fsck said
the filesystem was clean?!
2) How do I get rid of all the crap that's in the lost+found directory?
I get permission denied errors and the sort trying to delete as root.
Go figure.
3) Is there any way to throttle writes to an LVM, or an EXT3 partition?
I think that's what did it.  I was moving data around from a super fast
striped ATA100 RAID to an appended LVM.  How can I throttle the LVM to
only allow a couple of MB/sec?!  That will also keep kjournald down at a
respectable CPU/MEM utilization instead of chewing up all my resources
and b0rking my system :)

Ideas?!