Re: FSCK?

On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 04:13:33PM +0200, David GXmez wrote:

> LVM is not the cause of the problem. I also had the same problem: a fsck
> on an ext3 partition, lots of errors, and next time the only thing that
> left on the partition was a lost+found directory with the remains of what
> was my ext3 filesystem.
>
> I was using 2.4.10 when this happened, maybe is this the problem? Jason?

Using 2.4.10 is almost certainly a bad move, and probably was
responsible for your lossage.  Quite frankly, at the moment all of my
production machines are running 2.4.9 with ext3, and it's quite
stable; I'm not sure I trust any of the more recent kernels at this
point (due the VM code, not the ext3 code).  Of course, I don't trust the
LVM code at all, regardless of kernel version, but that probably has
something to do with the fact that when I looked at the code, I wasn't
impressed by the overall code quality....

							- Ted