Re: AC3 Kernel vs regular kernel

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Andrew Morton wrote:

> As for the better platform for ext3: traditionally, -ac because
> it has been a more stable basis and has had heaps more testing
> from external users and distributors.  But I just spent a weekend
> testing ext3-0.9.13 on kernel 2.4.13-pre5/6 and it's solid.

Now this is good news!! Hopefully the 2 trees will finally converge
enough that Linus will open 2.5 and we can all have 2.4 development
settle down (with ext3 in it of course). After all IIRC we are
coming up on 11 months of the 2.4 stable kernel series.
It was January was it not when 2.4.0 was released?

--
......Tom		Dysfunction The Only Consistent Feature of All
tdiehl rogueind com	of Your Dissatisfying Relationships is You.