cdrom driver load attempt at boot

Hi there,

I've been using ext3 on RedHat 7.1 for some time and I'm very pleased with the result. Thanks for all the hard work people have put in it!

I have however one problem: when the machine boots up it tries to load the mcd and mcdx CD-ROM drivers (AFAIK they are old non-standard CD-ROMs). It does this from rc.sysinit right after loading usb devices. The machine started to do this when I converted the root filesystem to ext3, I've never had this problem before.

Loading of these drivers fails (since I don't have any of those CD-ROM drives) and the bootup sequence continues as normal, but the attempt to load this takes like 20 secs.

My machine is an HP Omnibook Laptop 4150.

Any idea on what could be the cause for this odd behaviour? What could be causing the kernel to try and load those devices?

Thanks in advance,

	Diego
Diego Santa Cruz                         mailto:Diego Santacruz epfl ch
Signal Processing Laboratory (LTS)        http://ltswww.epfl.ch/~dsanta
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)
EL - Ecublens - CH-1015 Lausanne - Switzerland
Office:     ELE 236
Phone:      +41 - 21 - 693 26 57 (Office)
            +41 - 21 - 693 46 20 (LTS Lab)                 *   *
Fax:        +41 - 21 - 693 76 00                           'O^-'
Mobile:     +41 - 79 - 419 56 71                           ( o )