Re: Re: 2.4.13 Stability?

> On Oct 24, 2001  18:03 +0400, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> > Could the developers please post to ext3-users when the diff against
> > 2.4.13-vanilla is commited into CVS?  Thanks.
>
> Give me a break.  I get Linus' post about 2.4.13 at 1:30 AM local time,
> and people are asking for a patch at 7:30 AM local time.  Please have
> some patience - the ext3 developers have lives as well.

No kidding.  But some of us don't have a life ;).

If you or anyone else wants a patch that compiles (but is NOT
NECESSARILY STABLE OR EVEN BOOTABLE), let me know and I can e-mail you
one.

I took the 2.4.13-pre6 patch and applied it to the 2.4.13 tree, and then
fixed the one patch reject.

NO GUARANTEES AT ALL!!!!  I have not even tried to boot the 2.4.13
kernel yet, so no testing has gone into this AT ALL.  It may not even
boot.

But if you want to try it, let me know.  I should have been able to boot
it and do some rudimentary testing by tomorrow (Oct. 25).

Bryan