Re: 2.4.13 Stability?

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 02:21:37PM -0700, Matthew Lyon wrote:
> i just installed rh72 with ext3 and then purposely pulled the plug in the
> middle of a kde session to see if it'd fsck at startup... it did... am i
> supposed to edit a fstab or something to fully enable journaling?

You need to make sure all of your filesystems have journals (use
tune2fs -j to add a journal if necessary), and then that the kernel is
actually mounting them as ext3.  Yes, this does mean that /etc/fstab
has to be set up correctly.  I haven't played with Red Hat 7.2, so I
can't tell you whether or not it does this all automatically for you,
or whether you may have to do some of the setup steps manually.

						- Ted