Re: 2.4.13 Stability?

On Oct 26, 2001  07:26 +0200, Michael Schlenstedt wrote:
> On Don Okt 25, 2001 at 02:2137 -0700, Matthew Lyon <mlyon paracel com> wrote:
> > i just installed rh72 with ext3 and then purposely pulled the plug in the
> > middle of a kde session to see if it'd fsck at startup... it did... am i
> > supposed to edit a fstab or something to fully enable journaling?
>
> You have to turn off fsck manually, as you can also read in the
> documentation at [1]:

Bzzt.  This will only turn off periodic fsck.  You shouldn't get an full
fsck on every boot if you are using ext3.  Note that e2fsck still runs,
but it will only say something like "recovering journal, filesystem clean".
This will only take a second or so, unless something is broken.

Tell me, does rh72 have a 2.4.10 kernel?  What does "dumpe2fs -h <dev>"
say for your filesystems?

> Note: *NEVER* use the tune2fs-command on mounted filesystems! You have
> to do the settings within' the RH-Rescue-System!

Bzzt.  Please read the man page.  You are able to use tune2fs on a mounted
filesystem for a while now.  In fact, for converting your root fs to ext3,
you HAVE to run it on a mounted filesystem.

Cheers, Andreas