e2fsprogs failed 7 tests

Hi !

I hope, this is the right ML to ask for this kind of problem. I was
testing around with ext3 and was deeply impressed that it was working good
and very fast. I installed e2fsprogs-1.25 on several machines and make
check everytime said: 50 tests ok, 0 tests failed.

On my laptop, this looked different, 43 tests ok, 7 failed.

Here they come:

f_bbfile: bad blocks in files: failed
f_dup: blocks claimed by two different files: failed
f_dup2: blocks claimed by three different files: failed
f_dup3: blocks claimed by one file multiple times: failed
f_dupfsblks: blocks claimed by a file and bitmaps or inode tables: failed
f_dupsuper: blocks claimed by a file and superblock or group descriptors: failed
f_swapfs: checking the e2fsck swapfs functionality: failed

Also, 2 checks has been skipped:

e_brel_bma: block relocation table using the memory array implementation: skipped
e_irel_ima: inode relocation table using the memory array implementation: skipped

I'm using kernel 2.4.12-ac5, gcc 2.95.2, glibc 2.2 (it's a SuSE 7.1
distribution). I think those failed tests should be resolved but I don't
know how and what's the problem behind it. A co-worker tested it on
an almost identical machine (identical machine, but Debian installed)
and it worked for him. So the problem must lie in my system but I don't
have any clue where to search for it.

Any hints ? Thank you !

Bye,
	Udo