Re: Re: 2.4.13 Stability?

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 02:18:33PM -0700, Craig Dickson wrote:

> It might help to have a policy statement on the ext3-2.4 web page saying
> something like "Don't expect patches for a new kernel until it's been
> out a few days."

But that is _not_ the policy.

Recently we've had a ton of core VFS and VM patches go into the
kernel, which has affected ext3 patches in a big way.  However, during
periods where the base kernel is more stable, it's quite possible for
an ext3 patch to work unchanged through many revisions of the main
kernel (we used to have to update ext3 only occassionally when 2.2
kernels were updated, for example.)

> I suppose one could risk being perceived as rude, and just say, "Patches
> will be released when they're ready -- don't bug us about it."

That's probably close to reality.  :-)