Re: ext3 kernel 2.4.13

> put the new kernel up on lilo, and put the jbd.o and ext3.o in the new
> initrd /lib directory

Bad idea... don't compile essential FS types (ie your linux partitions) as modules. Build them directly into the kernel.

> Things boot up fine, until initrd tries to mount /dev/hda1 as new root
> I get the following

> Journaled Block Device loaded
> Mounting /proc filesystem
> hda1: bad access:  block=2, count=2
> end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01(hda), sector 2
> EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock
> mount: error 22 mounting ext3 flags.  Freeing unused kernel mem=236k freed
> Kernel panic: no init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

I can't be sure but by the look of it it seems like it probably because
you didn't compile ext3 into the kernel. Try that see what it does. If
it doesn't work post again with the error messages from the new kernel.

-Dragon

| Olivier Dragon        dragon shadnet shad ca |
| Software Engineering II, McMaster University |