Re: Ext3 partition not appearing in df output

dobler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I converted my / partition to ext3 from ext2 today, and I'm using kernel
> 2.4.13+ext3 patch
>
> I used tune2fs -j and set the filesystem to auto in fstab, and compiled ext2
> as well as ext3 in the kernel
>
> Upon rebooting, I tried df -hT to see if it had worked, and to my surprise it
> didn't list my root partition

Yes, I had that happening once.  If you run

	df /dev/hdxx

then it comes out.  For other reasons I did a reinstall on the offending
machine and it no longer happens, so I never got around to looking into
it.

It'll be a util-linux problem - perhaps due to unexpected values
in /etc/fstab, /proc/mounts or something like that.