Re: Ext3 partition not appearing in df output

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Morton" <akpm zip com au>
To: <doblerman free fr>
Cc: <ext3-users redhat com>
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2001 10:44 PM
Subject: Re: Ext3 partition not appearing in df output

> dobler wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I converted my / partition to ext3 from ext2 today, and I'm using kernel
> > 2.4.13+ext3 patch
> >
> > I used tune2fs -j and set the filesystem to auto in fstab, and compiled
ext2
> > as well as ext3 in the kernel
> >
> > Upon rebooting, I tried df -hT to see if it had worked, and to my
surprise it
> > didn't list my root partition
> >

> Yes, I had that happening once.  If you run
>
> df /dev/hdxx
>
> then it comes out.  For other reasons I did a reinstall on the offending
> machine and it no longer happens, so I never got around to looking into
> it.
>
> It'll be a util-linux problem - perhaps due to unexpected values
> in /etc/fstab, /proc/mounts or something like that.

Darn... aren't you just right! Now all my stats have been messed up! =)
(was keeping MRTG stats over my hard disk usage)

Well I checked which package "df" belonged to and it came up with
"fileutils-4.0x-3", i.e. not "util-linux".

Anyway, try "df -ha" (according to the manual: -a, --all ;  include
filesystems having 0 blocks).

I'll check into updates to df/fileutils, and maybe make a patch.