Re: Ext3 partition not appearing in df output

----- Original Message -----
From: "dobler" <doblerman free fr>
To: <ext3-users redhat com>
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2001 10:38 PM
Subject: Ext3 partition not appearing in df output

> Hello,
>
> I converted my / partition to ext3 from ext2 today, and I'm using kernel
> 2.4.13+ext3 patch
>
> I used tune2fs -j and set the filesystem to auto in fstab, and compiled
ext2
> as well as ext3 in the kernel

This is propably your problem. When root filesystem is auto, it will also
list this in /etc/mtab, making df think that your root FS is a dummy FS. Try
"df -ha" instead.

This needs to be fixed, as it propably is an Ext3 problem.

> Upon rebooting, I tried df -hT to see if it had worked, and to my surprise
it
> didn't list my root partition
>
> dmesg say it's fine (and btw everything works fine)
>
> kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
> EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
> VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) readonly.

^^^^^ this is the problem. The *kernel* mounts the root, and not the "mount"
program, and /etc/mtab doesn't get updated (correctly).