Re: ext3 and 2.4.x kernels

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 03:49:56PM -0500, MW Mike Weiner (5028) wrote:
> Dear list readers -

[snip, and take out the ugly double spacing...]

> verified if i could please. i heard that once you migrate to ext3, you may
> no longer do a kernel upgrade without downgrading to ext2 and then putting
> the kernel or AC kernel in place 'patched'. What i need to know is, once
> migrated, are we no longer able to use RPM to upgrade the kernel and still
> have ext3 work, as in no kernel panics on reboot?

I don't use redhat, but I seriously doubt that they would require this.

I have booted from ext3 disks with grub and lilo without any trouble.

I have compiled all of my own kernels.  This shouldn't make any
difference though.

I've only downgraded to ext2 do resize (remove, create new bigger one) my
journal when I changed to data journaling.

Mike