Re: Ext3 partition not appearing in df output

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 05:08:55PM -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:

> Well, this would be handled perfectly well with the libblkid (which is
> exactly what it is written to do).  I have just been too lazy to submit
> it to you, and too lazy to move over mount to use it.  Partly the
> laziness is because I want to do the mount conversion before the
> submission so that I know the API is good, and that I have added support
> for enough "features" to do all the identification that the dozens
> of fs types that mount recognizes.

Sure, it would be good to do this with liblkid, although the basic
idea could be implemented in mount even without it; you could just
have it dispatch to the right version of /sbin/mount.* by looking at
the type information in /etc/fstab, and in that case, the call to
liblkid could be done in /sbin/mount.auto, if Andries wanted to keep
mount comfortably dumb, stupid, and simple.  :-)

The question is, what division of labor makes the most amount of sense?

							- Ted