Re: df not showing ext3 partition

Curtis Hogg wrote:

> WELL.
>
> Having torn hair out trying to patch mount... and getting very frustrated
> with some of the things it does...
>
> Symlinking /etc/mtab to /proc/mounts is a viable solution.
>
> Found that by searching through the mount code trying to track down
> certain functions.
>
> Since /proc/mounts reports the fstype properly for df to use, this solves
> the problem entirely. >.<

Only possible problem here I see here is that under 2.2....

[mhaque apollo mhaque]$ cat /proc/mounts
/dev/root / ext2 rw 0 0
/proc /proc proc rw 0 0
/dev/sda3 /boot ext2 rw 0 0

Notice it says /dev/root for the device. /dev/root doesn't exist.

Under 2.4 using devfson another machine...

[mhaque viper mhaque]$ cat /proc/mounts
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part3 / ext2 rw 0 0
none /dev devfs rw 0 0
/proc /proc proc rw 0 0
/dev/hda2 /boot ext2 rw 0 0
/dev/hde1 /home3 ext2 rw 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0

Notice the use of devfs path for root and /dev entries for the rest.

Not sure how these will affect anything.

Mohammad A. Haque                              http://www.haque.net/
                                               mhaque haque net

  "Alcohol and calculus don't mix.             Project Lead
   Don't drink and derive." --Unknown          http://wm.themes.org/
                                               batmanppc themes org