Re: Bug: ext3 patch prevents power-down in 2.4.x kernels

Nathan Weston wrote:
I had ACPI support turned on, which used to work fine as far as shutting down (I haven't yet got around to figuring out the userland tools to actually do anything with it). When I turn off ACPI and turn on APM instead, everything works fine with the ext3 patch.
So it would appear that the patch is breaking ACPI.

Nathan

That's kinda of weird. I don't know what acpi is, but I have always thought that APM was required for automatic power down..

--
Scot Mc Pherson, Technology Manager

"Linux is a journey, not a guided tour," ~Scot Mc Pherson