quota problems with ext3/249-ac9

Hi!

I've got some "serious" quota-problems with ext3... it seems not to work
at all...

I'm currently running 249-ac9 with no patches, slackware 7.x-current from
january or so, all the quota-utils from the original distribution.

the kernel prompts correctly "VFS: Diskquotas version dquot_6.5.0
initialized" and that was it. neither quotacheck nor repquota or any other
quota-related tool works as it should do.

Are there updated quotatools which are capable of handling ext3
filesystems? I searched the net for a while and couldn't find anything
related to quota-utils...

greetz

Michael renner