Serious problem, argh...

Hello *,

I have a serious problem that I need help w/.
I cannot recover from the following error:

e2fsck 1.24a (02-Sep-2001)
External journal has multiple filesystem users (unsupported).

I got my / partition corrected by installing on another boxen and doing
this:
debugfs
open -f -w /dev/sda1
features -has_journal -needs_recovery
quit

however, my other partitions still give the error above after performing
the debgfs stuffz.
though debugfs features do not show has_journal nor needs_recovery

I'm using 2.2.19, not sure of the ext3 version, how can I find that out,
an .h file somewhere, I guess...

Once I 'fixed' the / partition, I changed /etc/fstab entries to ext2,
but it still shows ext3 errors on all parts except /
Though, it seems to mount rw, after I do init 3 from the control-D crash
logon prompt.

/dev/sda1 on / type ext2 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/sda8 on /home type ext2 (rw)
/dev/sda6 on /usr type ext2 (rw)
/dev/sda7 on /var type ext2 (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)

mount -V
mount: mount-2.10r

e2fsck -V
e2fsck 1.24a (02-Sep-2001)

--
 Ed June

 buggz america net
 Linux: An open choice for free people worldwide.