moving from 2.2 to 2.4

Hello guys,

I began testing ext3 w/ a 2.2.19 patched kernel several months ago.  I'm now wanting to move to a new 2.4 kernel w/ ext3 and was wondering if there was any reason to create a new journal file.  Also I noticed that the oldstyle journal files are named "journal.dat" and now they are named ".journal".  Any suggestions for upgrading?

Thanks,

Nick