Re: ext3_free_blocks

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 10:57:43PM +0100, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> It is a symptom of _many_ possible problems, but yes, I should
> double-check the 2.2 code for NFS parallel truncate in any case.

Well, the VA NAS customers who were complaining about this particular
problem were doing so with both 2.2 and the 2.4 ext3 code, and the
user who reported the problem mentioned the presence of NFSD, so I
strongly suspect this is the cause of the problem....

RW, here's the test case if you want to confirm whether or not this is
this is what you're seeing:

#!/bin/bash
#
# Setup: Mount the filesystem using NFS loopback (i.e., export the
# 	filesystem via NFS, then mount it via NFS on the NFS server machine
#
# 	Set NFS_MNTPT below to the nfs mountpount.
#	Set LOCAL_MNTPT to be the local	mount point of the filesystem.
#
NFS_MNTPT=/mnt
LOCAL_MNTPT=/opt/test

dd if=/dev/zero of=$NFS_MNTPT/dd.out &