Removing ext3 to use GNU Parted

Hi. What are the right steps to convert a file system from
ext3 back to ext2 ? I need to use GNU Parted to resize my
root file system and Andrew Clausen said I have to convert it
to ext2, resize, and then convert back to ext3. My journal is
visible.

My initrd.img (from which I plan to use Parted) contains both
ext2 and ext3.

I compile ext2 as a module in my other boot images.

--
0 pervalidus {net, {dyndns.}org} Tel: 55-21-2717-2399 (Niterói-RJ BR)