Re: Fwd: Re: Define conflict between ext3 and raid patches against 2.2.19

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 07:44:20PM -0400, Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 04:36:04PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> > I don't know exactly what large-scale effects this might have.  It
> > could be simply that a crash at the wrong time could leave the
> > filesystem corrupted.  But I heard of one person who claimed to get
> > filesystem corruption after using reiserfs over RAID1 in 2.2, so maybe
> > it's worse than that.
>
> IIRC, if you disable the background rebuild, and do rebuilds manually on
> unmounted partitions, you will be OK with RAID1 (but not RAID5).

On 2.2, that should be OK, but what's the point?  You lose the cost of
a reboot but have to wait for a rebuild instead, and the rebuild is
often even longer.

I'm just using 2.4 everywhere now, and that runs just fine.

--Stephen