Re: Fwd: Re: Define conflict between ext3 and raid patches against 2.2.19

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 01:11:46PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> Yep, 2.4 has been fine on x86 for me.  Though, I'm going to be needing this
> on PPC also.
>
> Is there a test suite that is particularly stressful on raid{1,5}?  Though
> I'm primarily looking to stress raid1, I'm going to test with software
> raid5 soon...

Cerberus (VA Linux's hardware burnin tool, on sourceforge) is a solid
system tester which can stress filesystem access under serious system
load.  Dbench and tiobench are more dedicated to just fs testing, but
all three are useful for testing device drivers.