Re: FS locks

#include <hallo.h>
Andrew Morton wrote on Sat Sep 22, 2001 um 07:18:42PM:
> Eduard Bloch wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > unfortunately I got some trouble using ext3 - the system hangs when
> > working in a certain directory.
>
> Well that's cute.  Is it possible to test the same directory
> with an ext2 mount?

Works in the same directory fine using ext2, and make the system hang
using ext3. To be more precise:

It happens when executing the attached script. AFAIK causes makehistory
lots of disk IO, which locks ext3 driver sooner or later. As written
before, when this happens, I cannot do anything that opens new
filehandles, I guess. I cannot even "cat" something from /proc.

MfG,
Eduard.

#!/bin/bash
# rebuild INN overview after inn2's sudden death
/etc/init.d/inn2 stop
rm -rf /var/spool/news/overview/*
su news -c '/usr/lib/news/bin/makehistory -O -x -F'
/etc/init.d/inn2 start
sleep 10
ctlinnd renumber ''
cd /var/spool/news/incoming/bad
ls | xargs -n1 rnews
--
"Wenn er die Reise bloß gut übersteht - sonst heißt es nachher noch,
dass