Ext3, 2.4.10, and 2.4 in general

Hello,

The 0.9.9 2.4.10pre4 patch doesn't apply. There are 5 rejects. The first three are easy to fix, but
the fourth in vmscan.c will be very difficult without being a developer. The fifth I am not sure about.

This brings up the fact that many of us are using ext3 and have to patch every time a new kernel
comes out. I really think we need to strong arm Linus or something and get ext3 into 2.4.11 at
least as expermintal. If that is near impossible then we should really look into a autopatch
generator like i2c has you just do something like mkpatch /usr/src/linux | patch -p1 and it auto
generates a valid patch file for that version for you. Which makes it as simple as running the
command and making a new patch instead of waiting for the developers to come out with a
new one because of small changes in most cases.