Re: Reverting to etx2???

On Sep 26, 2001  14:49 -0400, Robert Tilley wrote:
> I am in the odd situation of needing to revert my root partition back to
> ext2 so that it may be resized.
>
> I prefer to use Partition Magic at the moment and it can only work with
> partitions of ext2, not ext3.  I believe that the documentation for ext3
> exists at the main web site, http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/ext3/.

Note that resize2fs (part of e2fsprogs) is the same program that is used
by PM to resize ext2 partitions.  e2fsprogs > 1.20 or so will be able to
resize ext3 partitions as well.

> P.S.  If anyone knows of any good quality, linux-based programs for dealing
> with ext3 partition resizing -- I would love to know about them.

You can use the aforementioned resize2fs, or ext2resize (see
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2resize/ for more info).  Both are
very reliable.

Cheers, Andreas