ext3 problem on recover...

I have rebuilt my kernel 2.4.10 for ext3, converted all my
partitions and hard coded them in my fstab to ext3.

when I type "df -t ext2", none of my partitions show up.
when I type "df -t ext3", all my partitions show up.

Everything seems to work fine.

except upon a recovery...my system runs fsck and seems to do a
ext2 recovery, which takes some 15-20 minutes.

any ideas?

Charles Duncan