Re: ext3 problem on recover...

I have confirmed that only my second partition is mounting
as ext3. My root partition does not.

when I issue the command "tune2fs -j /dev/hda1" I get the
following error:

tune2fs 1.24a (02-Sep-2001)
Creating journal inode:
tune2fs: Permission denied
        while trying to create journal file

if I do a "ls -l /.journal" I get:

8225 -rw-------    1 root     root      8388608 Sep 26 14:55 /.journal

I am concerned that the journal file was created under 2.4.10

Can I delete the /.journal file and start over?

if I check the drive under debugfs and features, it does not
have a journal file for the drive.

Charles Duncan

-- Begin original message --