ext3 fs unable to stat

Hi,

  I am running RH 7.2 (professional release 2.4 kernel) I have a ext3 file system  which stores large oracle "dump files" over 4GB. We write to it via NFS which is working great, the problem is when we issue a file largefile.dmp from the linux box it fails on anything over 4GB stating that can't stat 'largefile.dmp'  (value too large for defined data type).  We can do the same command on the NFS mount on an HP 11.0 server and it works fine. We have "journaling" turned on , what are we missing on the linux box??  Thank you so much for your help.

Janet White