Re: mount /dev/hda6 ext3

Lukas,

The following information would be needed from you to understand more,
[~]dumpe2fs -h /dev/hda3 | grep Journal
dumpe2fs 1.25 (20-Sep-2001)
Journal UUID:             <none>
Journal inode:            8
Journal device:           0x0000

and on hda6.

Regards
Amit

Lukas Ruf wrote:
Dear all,

I followed the instructions found on
http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/ext3/ext3-usage.html
to convert / on several of my boxes to ext3.

Strange to me, on some boxes it perfectly worked while on others it
didn't.  One of the differences found is that on the ok-boxes
mount reports:
/dev/hda3 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
/* Settings:
   cat /etc/fstab
   /dev/hda3 / ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1

   mount -V
   mount: mount-2.11n
 */

While on the not-ok-boxes, / is mounted from /dev/root but as ext2,
mount reports:
/dev/root on / type ext2 (rw)
/*
   cat /etc/fstab:
   /dev/hda6 /  ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1

   mount -V
   mount: mount-2.11n
 */

Is it possible that this is due to a primary vs. extended partition
problem?

If anyone can give me any hint, I would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance,

Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf                        Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
Office: ETZ-G61.2                             Computer Engineering and