Kernel Panic

I have just installed Redhat 7.2 on a P3 with adaptec 2400A IDE RAID. After
many attempts with the partitions, I have finally managed to install but not
get the following error on boot:

creatig root device
mounting root filesystem
error mounting ext3
pivotroot:pivot_root(/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd)failed:2
freeing unused kernel memory :220k freed
kernel panic: no init found. try passing init=option to kernel

as I am not a linux expert by any streatch of the imagination, any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Grant Lyons