ext3 filesystem error message - need an interpretation

Hi, I'm having some serious problems diagnosing a hardware issue in my linux system.

The following error occurs intermittently. I have replaced hard drives and it is still occurring. I'm trying to determine if it's a device conflict, a problem with the motherboard or something else. Can anyone help?

hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error}
hda: dma_intr: 0x40 {Uncorrectable Error}, LBA sect = 32405, sector=32328
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda) sector 32405
(this repeats for a whole lot of sectors...)

The above error terminates with
invalidate: busy buffer

Then a kernel panic, then the following message

spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7

Cheers
Simon