Re: deleted fat32, added linux, formated ext3 ... mount detects as fat and I get FS-panic

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 06:33:32PM -0700, Peter Dawes wrote:
> On Sun, 14 April 2002, Andreas Henriksson wrote:
>

> > Hi...
> >
> > I decided to delete my fat32 partition (sda1, with win2k on it).
> > I did that with fdisk and added a linux partition, then formated it with "mkfs -t ext3 /dev/sda1" ...
> > Everything seemed to work fine... I can even mount it with "mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /mnt" ... but there seem to be some fat32 rubbish left because when I do "mount /dev/sda1 /mnt" it seems to detect the partition as fat32 and gives this error:
>
> <snip>
>
> Check how it's listed in /etc/fstab...

That's almost certainly it; mke2fs clears out the FAT superblock, so
there should be nothing there for mount to autodetect.  On the other
hand, if /etc/fstab explicit lists the filesystem type as FAT, guess
what mount will try to do...

						- Ted