Re: writing processes are blocking in log_wait_common with data=ordered

On Apr 30, 2002  14:58 -0400, David Mansfield wrote:
> I hate when this happens, but I have to reply to myself.  Of course, the
> subject line should read: log_wait_commit.  And I should mention that the
> file is opened with O_SYNC.

Well, if you are using O_SYNC, you are probably better off having a
large journal and using data=journal mode.  Otherwise I would have
suggested data=writeback because this is best for databases.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger