question about .journal ....

Hello;

sorry for this mail perhaps, but I am new in linux experience.
I have a disk in ext2 format and this disk has been totally
deleted by the rm command. Then the server crashed and
I had to restart it. This filesystem was not clear and I
run fsck.ext2 to solve bad blocks.

I noticed the file .journal appeared on the root filesystem
and I am asking how is it possible on linux to recover
deleted files with this .journal ?

If the anwser is no, do you know another way to restore
them because I think disks blocks have not been destroyed
but just passed to the free list as on unix system. Do you
know a utility to do this ?

Sorry for this post on ext3 mailing list, perhps I am wrong
but I would like to have your point of view

Thanks in advance

Jean-Philippe BATTU
Grenoble
FRANCE