Assertion... buffer_jdirty(bh) - I read past archives...

I read the posting by Stephen Tweedie about the bug in 7.3 and kernels prior to the 2.4.18-4 errata update, which fixed the ext3 bug I am experiencing (right?)...

However, I was wondering if it will be necessary to patch the kernel on all my systems (2.4.18-3) and recompile, or if there is a ext3 specific patch or fix I could apply that would keep me from having to go through that... I did do some reading of the posts on the list (especially the ones by Stephen), but did not see any specifics regarding a specific fix other than upgrading or patching to 2.4.18-4 (feel free to flame me if I missed it though...)

Thanks-