Re: unmountable ext3 root recovery

Ted> If you're seeing that many errors, run, don't walk to the nearest
Ted> computer store ...

Yes, I know all that.  There are however extenuating circumstances.
That was the first time there were read errors of that sort; the usual
problem is that the disk stops responding entirely after a variable
uptime usu between 20 and 50 hours.  It also has some spin up problems.

Ted> The other problem is that you're using an old e2fsprogs, which

That was just what was on the only rescue disk I had handy.  I do keep
an up to date pull of the bk tree on hand, but w/ only the notebook to
work on that provided me little benefit.

-JimC