Re: power management and ext3 - mount as ext2?

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 02:07, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

<snip>

> Mounting your filesystems with noatime is a good start; this
> prevents read accesses to files from causing the last accessed time
> from being updated, which is a cause of many disk writes.

Do you do this routinely, for both AC & battery operation?  Or do you
remount with this parameter only when heading off the mains power?

There's a lot going on in the system, and I'm new at this, so I wonder
about potential inconsistencies.  Are there any concerns, or is this
quite transparent?  I assume you've thought (and/or experienced) your
way through these issues.

Bret