Re: journal aborting and remounting /boot as ro

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 02:34:28PM +0100, John K O Brien wrote:

> My /boot filesystem is being remounted shortly after start-up as read-only.
>
> I get the following messages...
>
> journal_bmap_Ra7a5f568: journal block not found at offset 12 on ide0(3,1)
> Aborting journal on device ide0(3,1)

That's a fatal error message indicating that ext3 has been unable to
access a part of its journal file.  Either the journal metadata has
become corrupted (eg. you had a .journal file and tried to delete it),
or there's a bad block in the journal.

Are there any other log messages nearby to help narrow it down?

--Stephen