Re: Ext3 indexed directory extension.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 09:56:41AM -0700, chrisl wrote:
> > If we are looking to use TEA, why even bother with endian-neutral
> > half-MD4?  I don't think _anyone_ has ext3 code which uses that,
> > and it is not compatible with the existing half-MD4 code either.
> > We may as well cut out complexity while we have the option to do so.
>
> Agree. If somebody do use some not compatible hash, we still can
> can e2fsck to regenerate the hash for the directory?

Given that TEA is faster, I agree, there's no reason to even bother
including new half-MD4 code into the kernel.  We should just simply go
to TEA.

Yes, we can use e2fsck to regnerate the hashes for all the
directories.  It's just a matter of setting the hash type in the
superblock, and then running e2fsck -D on the filesystem.

						- Ted