Re: "busy hang" on e2fsck (on a ext3 partition)

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 02:20:34PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> I assume you mean "Pass1" and "Pass2" when you say "stage1" and
> "stage2"....

Ah, silly me.  You're correct, of course.

> Could you run the following command, and send me a pointer to it:
> e2image -r /dev/hdXXX | bzip2 > hdXXX.img.bz2

It's running now.  I'll send you a pointer once the output is uploaded
somewhere public.  Hopefully it won't be that large...

> Something else that would be useful would be to try running e2fsck
> with the "-C 0" option, and let me know what the progress bar does
> when it reaches "stage 2".

This was with e2fsck 1.27, but I believe the progress bar locked at 70.6%.
The little spinner also stopped.  I'll have to run it again to make
sure; I'll do that once the e2image dump finishes.

FWIW, a 'find .' successfully traversed the whole drive.  134k-ish
entries.

Oh, and I finally gave up on the fsck at about T-plus eighteen hours. :)

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                   pizza f*cktheusers org
I'm not broke, but I'm badly bent.                         ICQ #1318344