Re: data corrupting bug in 2.4.20 ext3, data=journal

Andrew Morton wrote:

In 2.4.20-pre5 an optimisation was made to the ext3 fsync function
which can very easily cause file data corruption at unmount time.  This
was first reported by Nick Piggin on November 29th (one day after 2.4.20 was
released, and three months after the bug was merged.  Unfortunate timing)

In fact it was reported on lkml on 18th July IIRC before 2.4.19 was
released if that is any help to you. 2.4.19 and 2.4.20 are affected
and I haven't tested previous releases. I was going to re-report it
sometime, but Alan brought it to light just the other day.

Nick