ext3 external journal and fstab

Hi again!

I would like to add an ext3 partition (eg. /dev/md11) with its external journal (on /dev/md21) to /etc/fstab in order to have it mounted while system-startup.

Do I have to specify the external journal device in fstab or does the partition find its journal device by itself? If the first, ho should I specify it?

I created the journal with mke2fs /dev/md22 -O journal_dev and the ext3 filesystem with mke2fs -j /dev/md12 -J device=/dev/md22.

Thanks again, Norman Schmidt.

Norman Schmidt             Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg            _
cand.chem.                 Sysadmin Wohnheimnetzwerk RatNET        _ //
mailto:schmidt naa net                                             \X/