XFS (was RE: 2GB of Waste? How can it be?)

I'm a bit surprised: everybody's talking about ReiserFS and even IBM's
alpha-staged JFS (a lot of promise here, though - sometime, in the future) and XFS
has been barely mentioned!
I've been using XFS for 8 months now, with nothing but excellent results. I
have a test machine, that duplicates *exactly* the hardware/software
configuration of the main server and I'm using it to test various alternatives - one
of them being other journaling file systems. While my experiences with
ReiserFS have been anything from scary to "hmm_not_bad", ext3 offered a *fair*
performance and proved to be quite stable. This is what it's intended to be,
IMHO. Not the fastest FS around, not the
don't_care_about_performance_i'm_just_paranoid_about_data_safety thingie. It's a tradeoff. It's a natural "next
evolutionary step" for ye olde ext2 partitions.
My favourite, though, continues to be XFS. Superb performance (>20GB daily
backup, IDE drives <sad grin>, Postfix (~800 users), MySQL and Apache,
sometimes a streaming server (ahem...) started when administrators feel a bit blue
;-), lots of goodies like ACL (if you've been longing for them, here they are)
etc, etc.
Now why don't I have a SGI Fuel?
Nah, just kidding. Who would want that? ;-)

http://www.gmx.net