Re: Change defaults to data=journal on /

On Thursday, January 31, 2002, at 05:54 , Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

What do you mean by a "symbol resolution problem", exactly?  Note that
the "mount" command used on mkinitrd is a builtin of the tiny "nash"
shell, not the full mount binary, so it probably won't deal with those
options.  You'll need to copy the full mount bin into the initrd to
get that, or edit nash (if you copy mount, you might want first to
rebuild it statically, else suddenly you need libc.so on initrd too.)

OK, I've got a statically linked mount on my initrd, and it appears to be called by linuxrc properly.

I still have unresolved symbols, though. I set my console to as many lines as it will give, but I can't see the top of the error list.

I'll start with the highest ones I can see:

/lib/ext3.o: unresolved symbol hardsect_size_Rsmp_c5f560d8
/lib/ext3.o: unresolved symbol Journal_load_Rsmp_f23061cb
/lib/ext3.o: unresolved symbol in_group_p_Rsmp_c3cf1128
/lib/ext3.o: unresolved symbol kmap_high_Rsmp_08e9c03c
/lib/ext3.o: unresolved symbol getblk_Rsmp_d4ef7e1a

etc. I can get more if needed.

Thanks,
-Bill