Re: Change defaults to data=journal on /

On Thursday, February 7, 2002, at 04:35 , Andreas Dilger wrote:

You need to include the module "jbd.o" in addition to ext3.

mkinitrd seems to have gotten this right. The problem was the dumbass who specified the non-SMP kernel in grub.conf with SMP-compiled modules (me).

For those who may wish to get this going themselves, here's my linuxrc:
----------
#!/bin/nash

echo "Loading scsi_mod module"
insmod /lib/scsi_mod.o
echo "Loading sd_mod module"
insmod /lib/sd_mod.o
echo "Loading aic7xxx module"
insmod /lib/aic7xxx.o
echo "Loading jbd module"
insmod /lib/jbd.o
echo "Loading ext3 module"
insmod /lib/ext3.o
mount -t proc /proc /proc
echo Mounting /proc filesystem
echo Creating root device
mkrootdev /dev/root
echo 0x0100 > /proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev
umount /proc
echo Mounting root filesystem
realmount --ro -t ext3 /dev/root /sysroot -o data=journal
pivot_root /sysroot /sysroot/initrd

where realmount is my statically linked mount (in bin on the initrd). With this, and the option in /etc/fstab root mounts in data=journal mode just perfectly.

Now to go see how happy my NFS users are going to be.... :)

Thanks all!

-Bill