Re: need help from fs guru

On 19:45 07 Feb 2002, Mohammad A. Haque <mhaque haque net> wrote:
| I just brought my machine back up from a very nasty crash. Not sure what
| caused it yet but whatever happeed cause the journal to be foobared.
| fsck dropped the journal and then proceeded to check the fs. I have a
| directory called websites which fsck unlinked. however when i look in
| debugfs i see this..
|
| 622669  40755      0      0    4096 13-Jan-2002 22:39 home3
| 2133571369 --- error ---  .autofsck
| 2133571369 --- error ---  websites
|
| Does this mean there's a chance of recovery? If so, can anyone help?
| It's not a great loss if it's not. I would like to recovery this is
| possible since there are some items i'd like back that had not made it
| to the backups before this happened.

Did it perchance relink it into the lost+found top level dir in that fs?
That's the normal place for unlinked files.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        cs zip com au    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

The reason that God was able to create the world in seven days is that he
didn't have to worry about the installed base.	- Enzo Torresi