Re: need help from fs guru

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Cameron Simpson wrote:

> On 19:45 07 Feb 2002, Mohammad A. Haque <mhaque haque net> wrote:
> |
> | 622669  40755      0      0    4096 13-Jan-2002 22:39 home3
> | 2133571369 --- error ---  .autofsck
> | 2133571369 --- error ---  websites
> |
> | Does this mean there's a chance of recovery? If so, can anyone help?
> | It's not a great loss if it's not. I would like to recovery this is
> | possible since there are some items i'd like back that had not made it
> | to the backups before this happened.
>
> Did it perchance relink it into the lost+found top level dir in that fs?
> That's the normal place for unlinked files.

Update: I forgot /websites was a symlink so no big loss. Though, I'm
concerned that this is showing up in debugfs. .autofsck was recreated
(by the system i assume) and i recreated the symlink. The two errors
still show up in debugfs.

No, fsck claimed /lost+found was missing and recreated it. After reboot
I checked lost+found and found no files there.

Mohammad A. Haque                              http://www.haque.net/
                                               mhaque haque net

  "Alcohol and calculus don't mix.             Developer/Project Lead
   Don't drink and derive." --Unknown          http://www.themes.org/
                                               batmanppc themes org