Re: need help from fs guru

On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 08:58 , Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

Hi,

Running debugfs on a live filesystem is dangerous and can show
misleading information --- there is no cache coherency between
debugfs's buffer-cache view of the disk and the filesystem's internal
inode and directory caches.  If you've already populated the
buffer-cache view by running fsck, then it's entirely possible for
debugfs to be viewing that old copy even after the fs has modified the
inodes concerned, so that debugfs will see inconsistent data.  You
need to forcibly flush the partition's buffer cache to get around
that.

The fs wasn't mounted. I booted from a CD. Though, that output was right after I fscked. I'll boot from CD tonight or this weekend, get fresh output and email it out. Unless its to late and not worth it?

Mohammad A. Haque                              http://www.haque.net/
                                               mhaque haque net

  "Alcohol and calculus don't mix.             Developer/Project Lead
   Don't drink and derive." --Unknown          http://www.themes.org/
                                               batmanppc themes org